What we do
Total Mums provides evidence-based physiotherapy and our philosophies and treatment approaches are informed by the latest research. We like to work closely with other health providers (e.g. your lead maternity carer, GP, obstetrician, other specialists) to ensure the best outcome for our clients. We are quick to refer for specialist advice where necessary and welcome questions and feedback.
Total Mums offers full physiotherapy assessment and diagnosis of your injury or painful condition, as well as ergonomic advice and a childcare activity analysis that’s tailored to your individual needs.
Total Mums’ physiotherapy treatment includes:
- Manual techniques to aid joint and soft tissue flexibility
- Exercises to improve strength and mobility
- Exercises to help postural alignment and body balance
- Breathing pattern retraining for stress relief and relaxation
- Recommendations for sleeping positions
- Fitting with maternity pelvic supports or wrist supports for carpal tunnel
- Postpartum and core stability rehabilitation
- Dry needling